Instructions for Pre/Post Tests
Pre/Post Tests provide facilitator with a means to gauge prior learning/skills related to the career competencies. Facilitators can then use this as a means to drive classroom instruction related to addressing skills gaps and/or deficiencies within the group. As well as to assess any gains made in relation to comprehension of the career competencies.
- The participants must complete the pre-tests before they start completing the activities for each of the tiers.
- Please encourage the participants to answer every question on the assessment.
- After the completing each tier, give the participants the post-test. a. Particpants should score at least a 75% on the post-test to show that they that achieved the objectives.
- a. Once a participant has achieved 75% then they can move onto the next tier.
- b. The open-ended question is not counted within the 75%. The information gathered from the question should be used primarily for the instructor to see if the participants understand the larger concepts. The question is not graded.
- Read the directions on the top part of each of the assessment tools aloud to participants.
- Talk participants through the instructions listed on the first page of each assessment tool.
View a PDF of the Pre and Post Test Instructions
Ages / Grades: Ages: 14 and older; Reading level: Eighth grade